This weekend in Ottawa:
- The final free guided tours of the NAC take place on Friday – children welcome!
- The International Music and Dance Festival continues Friday and Saturday on the Sparks Street Mall;
- The Capital Pride Parade takes place on Sunday;
- There will be Dancing in the Street on Saturday at Bayshore Mall, and performers will take part in the aforementioned Pride Parade on Sunday;
- Friday will be busy at Billings Estate! Enjoy Get Growing, the final Preschool Picnic of the season, and the final Campfire and Storytelling Evening of the season. Other weekend activities include Bug Hunt on Saturday and Can You Dig It? on Sunday (Almost Frugal);
- Billings Estate will also be hosting a Vintage Bike Show on Sunday (Almost Frugal);
- Pinhey’s Point is hosting the Junior Archeology Club on Friday, and a Craft Workshop on paper quilling for grown-ups on Sunday (Almost Frugal);
- Enjoy free horse-drawn wagon rides, a petting zoo, and free mini ice-cream cones for the kids at the Ottawa Farmer’s Market at Landsdowne on Sunday;
- Sunday Bikedays continue on many city parkways; and
- The French Public School Board goes back to school next week, but the English Board has one more week of vacation - beat boredom with the end-of-summer fun ideas in my summer sanity listing!
This just in: The Ottawa Public Library sent me a tweet to let me know that Gisele from TVOKids will be at the library’s Nepean Centretpointe branch, reading the Big Backyard Book Club’s book of the month! You can catch her there at 1 pm on Saturday.
Have a great weekend!