CBC’s Judy Trinh has been hosting a series on creative budgeting this week, and on Monday I was interviewed for the final segment of the series. I was really nervous, but Judy and Tony, the cameraman, really put me at ease. So I’ll be on CBC Ottawa news Friday evening talking about Frugal Fun Ottawa!
This weekend in Ottawa:
- The Main Branch of the Ottawa Public Library is presenting the Discovery Channel series Unknown Taiwan – at noon on Friday you can watch Unknown Taiwan: Penghu, and they will be showing Unknown Kinmen at noon on Tuesday;
- Catch Super 8 at the North Grenville Municipal Centre on Friday (Almost Frugal);
- Enjoy free stargazing at The Canada Science and Technology Museum’s Helen Sawyer Hogg observatory on Friday (online registration required);
- Lowes is offering a Kids Build and Grow Clinic on Saturday (Santa’s Sleigh). Register by calling 613-830-6370 for the Orleans store or 613-836-3971 for the Kanata store;
- Santa has a busy weekend ahead with the Help Santa Toy Parade taking place downtown on Saturday and the Barrhaven Lions Club Santa Claus Parade taking place on Sunday;
- Sunday is National Child Day, and you can celebrate with fun and games at the Nepean Museum;
- Creative Sundays continue at the Ottawa Art Gallery;
- Catch a movie at Rainbow Cinemas at the St. Laurent Centre – this weekend’s family-friendly showings include Dolphin Tale and The Smurfs (Almost Frugal);
- You can find more great activities to do this weekend in my year-round activities listings.
Congratulations to Kara and Jennifer, who each won a family four-pack to see The Backyardigans – Quest for the Extra Ordinary Aliens in my latest contest. I have another great contest going up on the blog on Monday! If you want to make sure that you never miss a Frugal Fun Ottawa contest, you can sign up for the frugalfish rss feed, or click here to sign up to get Contest Alerts by email.
Have a great weekend!