This week in Ottawa:
- The Taiwan Sublime Photo Exhibit continues at the Stittsville Branch of the Ottawa Public Library;
- The Tulip Festival kicks off on Friday!
- Participating Cineplex Theatres are offering family favourites for $2.50/person – this Saturday’s movie is Short Circuit;
- Jane’s Walk takes place on Saturday and Sunday (if you’ve never participated, I highly recommend it!);
- Kids can make a one-of-kind-creation for mom at the Nepean Museum on Sunday (a minimum $1 donation per child is requested);
- Celebrate Music Monday on May 7th with the NAC’s free luchtime concert at Ottawa City Hall at 12:45 - you can also take in the NAC Orchestra Bursary Competition in the NAC studio at 3 pm;
- Enjoy Asian American Film Night on Monday at Library and Archives Canada; admission is free but you must RSVP;
- Catch a movie at Rainbow Cinemas at the St. Laurent Centre – this week’s family-friendly showings include The Secret World of Arrietty and Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (Almost Frugal); and
- Find more suggestions in the monthly calendar for May and in my Year-round Activities listings.
I have a terrific contest on until May 28th – you could win a Basic Household Membership to three area museums! Details are on my contest page. I’ll also be blogging about another great contest on Monday so be sure to check back then. Good luck!
Have a great week!