This week in Ottawa:
- The Taiwan Sublime Photo Exhibit continues at the Stittsville and Blackburn Hamlet branches of the Ottawa Public Library;
- The Currency Museum celebrates International Museums Day with special presentations on Saturday and Sunday;
- Chinatown Remixed takes place on Saturday;
- Participating Cineplex Theatres are offering family favourites for $2.50/person â€“ this Saturdayâ€™s movie is Chicken Run;
- Lowes is offering a Kids Build and Grow Clinic on Saturday (build aÂ picture frame planter). Register by calling 613-830-6370 for the Orleans storeÂ or 613-836-3971 for the Kanata store;
- Carleton University’s Light Up The Night chemistry show takes place Saturday evening;
- Taiwan Movie Night takes place Tuesday at Library and Archives Canada;
- The Museum of Nature is offering a free public lectureÂ Wednesday eveningÂ in honour of Asian Heritage Month.Â The topic is “Protective Equipment:Why TurtlesÂ Have It and Humans Need It” (reservations required; call 613-566-4791);Â
- Catch a movie at Rainbow Cinemas at the St. Laurent Centre â€“ this weekâ€™s family-friendly showingsÂ includeÂ The Secret World of Arrietty andÂ AlvinÂ and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (Almost Frugal); and
- Find moreÂ suggestionsÂ inÂ the monthly calendarÂ forÂ May and in my Year-round Activities listings.
Â If you haven’t yet entered the two great contests I have on right now, you can find details on how to enter to win a Basic Household Membership to three are museums on my contest page, and details on how to enter to win four tickets to Rumpelstiltskin at the Ottawa International Children’s Festival in this blog post.
Have a great week!